Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Long Time no See

Hey.... yeah... I know, it's been a while.  I can explain... well, not really.  Tumblr sucked me in and I couldn't get out, not to mention I had my lovely problem which I'll explain now!

So I was born with a problem called hip dysplasia.  Basically my femoral head and my hip socket weren't oriented to each other and it was causing problems in my sports and daily life yada yada yada. 

So! To fix this problem I had two operations done.  The damage done to the labrum from the problem had to be stitched up and my femoral head had to be reshaped.  Then another surgeon (yes, I had two surgeons) had to come in, cut me open and break my pelvis in three places to re-orient it and screw the bones back together.  

It was a rough first week out of surgery.  I was taking too many meds, I was taking the wrong meds, things just weren't right from the start.  Thanks to a few determined nurses they pulled me out of the rut I was stuck in and I was finally able to leave the hospital.  Here's a little photo montage to give you a better visual:

This is me less than 24 hours before the surgery
Sittin in the bed, hair up, ya kno, the biz. haha
My hair is all.... yeah, that just doesn't look awesome at all.
First IV
Chillin'
Me on the way to the operating room!
Me after the surgery, passed out in my room. Got an O2 thing on and that stupid piece of plastic is recording the CO2 output to make sure I am breathing okay.

They had to put in a second IV just in case the other one clogged. I was a tricky stick.

CPM; this thing kept my leg moving around while I was passed out in bed for a majority of the time.

Scanning my pee. How cool is that? haha

Just a few of the pills I had to take...

One of the later days in the hospital.  Just goin' to do some PT, the biz.

The night after leaving the hospital.  Stayed at a hotel just to make sure everything was set to go home.

This is one of a few x-rays that I have gotten.  That arrow is pointing to a place that was broken and left separated, so it has to fuse back on its own.  Obviously you can see the mean screws I had drilled into my pelvis to hold it together while it heals.

Here are the magnificent stitches!  I got them taken out though and I never got a picture, I'll take one tomorrow (today) and post it though with my new x-rays.

Currently I am sitting in bed at the same hotel, and possibly the same room and bed, awaiting my six week post op check up appointments with both of the surgeons.  So far I have been feeling improvement but it is very very slow.  I am starting to cheat a little and put weight on it every now and then and it doesn't hurt, it just feels really stiff; atrophied muscles and swelling tend to do that.  I'll update later [today] most likely with more pictures and/or x-rays.

By the way, if you clicked on any ads that catch your eye I would love you forever!!

I have also been digging deeper into my passion for dancing.  Although I haven't had the physical ability to dance, I have had plenty of time to look at choreography videos and listen to music to the point where I just want to leap out of the bed and break into dance.  I love my sports but I feel like dance is where I need to be.  My life revolves around music and I want my career to revolve around it one way or another!

Now Playing - Do It Like A Dude by Jessie J

I'm not good at ending posts without it sounding cheesy.
     Koalas...

Okay bye <3
       ~Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment