Monday, April 16, 2012

Missed School :\

So the first day back into school after spring break turned out to be me staying home.

So last night I had a terrible night's sleep.  I was never fully asleep, and my hip had a tremendous spike of pain somewhere between 1 and 2 in the morning.  So my mom had to give me an oxycodone and I woke up so drowsy and still under the influence of the meds, and, because I am such a lightweight, the medication last much longer lasting affects on my brain than it should so I had to stay home.  We were hoping that I could get into school at noon but I was still out of it and couldn't go.

So now I am turning down another bumpy road through school.  I am hoping that the teachers that have been ridin' up my rear end will back off.  A big bone surgery has a long term recovery and extreme affects on the body, not to mention my first week after the operation was filled with disorientation, extreme pain meds every two hours, and significant amounts of vomiting.  I couldn't hold anything down and they didn't want to give me my pain meds through IV because it kept spreading up to my chest and affecting my breathing.

It's been a rough six weeks, and I wish that some of my teachers would be more empathetic than they have been.  Some of my teachers have been amazing and I appreciate it more than they know.  It's hard to work around a person who can't remember what happened twelve hours ago, let alone two weeks ago, and I feel so thankful that I have some people on my side who understand even though they haven't been in my position.

Unfortunately, the balance of the world decides that with every good teacher there must be a bad one.  It frustrates me because I want to have good grades and it's hard when I am talking to a brick wall.

I know this was a long blog post and if you read it all thank you so much because it makes me feel just a little bit more appreciated.  If you get treated like nothing, you start to feel like nothing, but it can work the other way around too, right?

Just know that with every bad person you meet, fate will bring you to someone opposite.  Keep your head high and never lose hope, because as much as you want to give up you know that you could be so close to the light at the end of the tunnel.


Deep blog posts... dang... sometimes you just gotta do it though...
       ~Rosie

No comments:

Post a Comment